A purchase from Go Green LED Bulbs may just seem like a like a new light bulb or flashlight for you, but for the environment it is far more. Every fluorescent or incandescent bulb replaced with a light-emitting diode (LED) bulb means conserving enormous amounts of energy and reducing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and landfills. “Going green” doesn’t mean you have to entirely change the way you live. It starts with small steps. It starts with putting LED light bulbs into your light sockets. For example, consider how much you could help the enviornment just by installing an LED Appliance Bulb into your everyday household appliance!
Every purchase is a step in helping the earth. Here’s 5 Reasons Why LED Bulbs are Helping for the Environment and how more LEDs will mean bigger change.
1. No hazardous substances are used inside LED bulbs. Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and traditional light bulbs contain small amounts of mercury.
2. LED lighting in place of fluorescent lighting can reduce the electrical demand of a typical commercial building by 50%.
3. One ton of carbon dioxide can be kept out of the atmosphere by using a single LED bulb rather than a fluorescent or CFL bulb.
4. LED light bulbs can last 10 times longer than traditional bulbs, which means less glass and metal from light bulbs in landfills
5. If 25% of fluorescent lighting fixtures in the U.S. were converted to LED fixtures the U.S could reduce carbon emissions by 158 metric tons, avoid releasing 5,700 pounds of airborne mercury, and prevent the release of greenhouse gasses equal to 10 million cars.
It is clear the advantages of LED light bulbs are significant and widespread. Purchasing LED products from Go Green LED Bulbs has a far greater positive environmental impact than it may first appear. Getting LED products into homes across the U.S. and the world is vital to preserving the earth. Keep changing to LED bulbs and keep changing the environment!